Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Time at Home

I've been on Maternity leave for a week and a half and have stayed busy! I never realized how much time I really spent working! It's been great spending some time at home. I love to sit on our back porch in the morning and the evenings when it's cooler outside. I enjoyed a glimpse of a new baby deer just outside our backyard. Isn't it cute? We have a new arbor for our grapevine and I'm hoping to have grapes and figs this year to make some jellies. However, the deer wake up much earlier than I do and always snatch the good fruit before I get to it!
Dustin got me a hummingbird feeder for Mother's Day this year. (I've wanted one for a long time!) I finally attracted a couple of hummingbirds. They started to fight over the feeder, so I got a second feeder. Well, then 2 hummingbirds became 5 and they were emptying the feeders before the end of the day. Dustin decided we needed more, so he hung 4 more to keep them all happy. Now we have at least 15 hummingbirds buzzing all over the backyard! They're too fast for me to count them all. It's like a war-zone out there! I'm still having to fill all 6 feeders daily, but am enjoying them so much. I just sit in our rocking chair, enjoying the smell of our gardenia bushes and watch all the chaos!
I can't wait for Baby Sage to be here so she can see all the wonderful things just our backyard has to offer!

No comments: