Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Whew!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been down for the count. 2 weeks ago I was hospitalized with severe back pain. My doctor discovered that I had close to no Sodium in my system and was in bad shape. After 3 days in the hospital, they released me to my Chiropractors who began to get me on the mend and concluded that it is most likely I was passing kidney stones. Ouch! Without the ability to do XRays, we will never know for sure. All the nurses in the hospital kept assuring me that the pain I was in was much worse than labor will be, so at least I have something to look forward to!

I'm slowly recovering and doing my best to regain some independence. I'm having to watch my diet closely and am on these wonderful little pills called Zophram that keep me from vomitting all day every day. For once, despite the bad back pain, I feel normal again!

I don't know what I would have done without Dustin. After some time in the hospital together, I think we both feel a little more prepared for labor and delivery in the future. He was incredible and, bless his heart, had to do everything for me for a while. He is such a wonderful person and I feel so good knowing our little one will have him for a dad. If he's half as good of a father as he is a husband, this baby will be the most loved and cared for child in the world!

No comments: