Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I surrender!

Tuesday, January, 29th

Ok, we're in week 10 and I give up! I have been sick for the last 4 weeks. I literally almost went to the ER last Thursday to get an IV because I've been so dehydrated. (Couldn't even get water to stay down!) Apparently everyone forgets to tell you it's possible to have what I call "the baby flu" (cause that's what this reminds me of!) forever!!! Everyone just says, "Oh I loved being pregnant!" What on earth? They're crazy! The bright side is that maybe the symptoms will subside in the second trimester. A little hard to get excited since that's 3 weeks away! Yeah! Only 3 more weeks of feeling like butt!

So much for a healthy pregnancy diet. I've figured out I can usually keep down potato chips and chocolate milk. Ewe, I know. And anyone who knows me knows I don't usually touch milk! The thought of chocolate makes me gag! (Which is so weird because I LOVE chocolate!) But somehow the milk is OK. I don't know! I give up on this body! It's not mine anymore!

I think I've finally recovered from the huge DiscipleNow weekend I co-directed Jan. 18th-20th. I slept for literally 20 hours on Monday. That's pretty well my life right now: Sleep, swallowing whatever I can, trying to keep it down, and more sleep. Somewhere in there I'm struggling to work and keep up with life. I've relinquished all hope for my house and just try not to look! Dustin's doing the best he can, bless his heart, but this is all new to him too! He's made so many meals of things I think I can handle only to take all but 2 bites back to the kitchen while I run to the bathroom. I think he's a little traumatized right now and in survival mode. He's been so great to me!

I'm praying that the next 3 weeks fly by and I'm by the book and all better. We're so happy to have a baby on the way and I hope that soon, we'll be able to enjoy it.

No comments: