We're at week 39 and doing fine! This has been a great week. Week 37 and 38 were a little tough, but this week has been great! I'm on maternity leave from work and have spent a lot of time sleeping late and tying up loose ends around the house. I'm sleeping well (in abnormal intervals) and feeling great!
I had my 39 week doctor's appointment Tuesday. I love my doctor so much, bless his heart! He was tip-toeing around telling me I might carry her past my due date. Apparently some moms consider it more of a "deadline" than an estimated date of arrival and they get a little upset if they don't pop before the due date. I told him I was perfectly fine carrying her over and that we were perfectly OK with a September baby, and he looked so relieved. I thought it was sweet! I've read in a couple of different articles that women who really enjoying being pregnant are more likely to carry over. I'm enjoying my time with Sage and just really trying to drink up every last moment of this pregnancy, so passing up my due date would definitely not be disappointing!
Our doula, Jackie, came out to our house tonight and we went over our birth plans and did a few practice exercises. I feel much more confident after her visit and really feel like I'm prepared for the big day. I kind of feel like we all know what our "jobs" are and somehow I feel like mine is the easiest because I'm just doing whatever Sage needs when she needs it. Poor Dustin has his hands full with two of us! I think he's ready though. He's going to be great!
Each time I post now, I realize this may be the last one before the big day. I can't wait to introduce the world to our baby girl. She has already been an incredible blessing in my life and it's been great to share the blessing of life.



No comments:
Post a Comment