Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dr's Appointment and Childbirth Classes

Dustin and I made the trip to Nacogdoches yesterday to go to the doctor for a check-up and attend our first Childbirth Class. The doctor's appointment went great! We're right on schedule as far as growth. Baby Sage's heartbeat was nice and strong! I can't get over how clear it is. I gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks! Yikes! I feel it though. My friend Jimmy told me that he swears I grow every day! Too funny! I've put on 10 lbs total so far. I have about 10 lbs more to gain by due date and the doctor says he predicts I'll be back at my "fighting weight" about 2 weeks after the baby comes. I'm a little nervous about growing so fast right here at the end. I'm doing everything I can to prevent stretch marks! Maybe I'll be lucky!
Our childbirth class was interesting! There were about 15 other couples there and Dustin and I think we're the furthest along. (Just by a couple of weeks though.) It was kinda of a "hit the ground running" thing. A L&D nurse gave us a basic outline of hospital policies (where to sign in, etc.) and talked with us about pain management options. I did learn something new! I didn't know the baby turned sideways to get in position for birth and then turned again during labor to position themselves for delivery. Very interesting! Then we watched a birthing video. During the contractions, I started thinking, OK this doesn't look like fun, but then once we got to the actual delivery, it was SO exciting! After the video we went to tour the L&D area and see a room. It's amazing to think that in about 7 weeks we'll get to meet Baby Sage in one of those rooms!

No comments: