Well, this Wednesday, my family all got together to put up 6 rows of corn from the family garden. Everyone has a job. Picking, shucking, cutting, pulling silks, washing, scraping, and cooking. Ever since I was little, I always got stuck pulling silks, my least favorite job! I got to move up to the big-girl job this year and scrape! I was SO happy! We put up tons of corn and will enjoy it all year long. It's a fun family day too!
However, I've discovered this 3rd trimester stuff is nothing to mess around with! About 1pm after a full morning of scraping, I was DOG TIRED! I tried sitting in a rocker with my feet up and scraping with a bowl balanced in my lap (shared with my baby belly) but just couldn't keep up! I finally gave in and took a nap! I felt bad, but this baby growing business is obviously a little harder on the body than I anticipated!
As excited as I am about this baby girl, I will admit that it was convenient to just have her tucked away so we could all work. Next year we'll all have to take turns passing her around between us so we can get the corn done! By the next year, she'll be big enough to help!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment