Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

30 Weeks

We're at 30 weeks today! Baby Sage is getting SO big and I'm thinking it's getting pretty crowded in there! She's still kicking and having a great time, but I'm noticing she's unable to flip over as easily as she was before. She pushes SO hard again my sides to turn and twist and it's very easy to spot a foot or a knee now.
My belly shape has changed, even if you can't really see it from the side. It has gotten much wider and extends from the bottom of my ribs to the top of my hips. I can no longer easily reach my toes (I desperately need a pedicure!) and getting up off the floor isn't graceful at all! Sometimes I forget to compensate for the little bulge and end up squishing her! I felt so bad when I shoved her knees into her face the other day trying to reach something on the floor from the sitting position! I've also discovered that I need to use the handicap stall in public bathrooms if possible because the door in a regular stall bumps my belly on the way out! I use my wonderful Boppy Pillow at night to rest it on so I can sleep. It takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get settled and get her shifted into a comfortable position before I can fall asleep, no matter how tired I am.
I laid on the couch with my sister this weekend head to toe. I turned and rested my belly on her calve and Sage just punched and pushed against her leg! Aunt Jen Jen thought that was pretty neat. I think we freaked her out a little yesterday though when she saw her kick me and my entire belly shook!
Baby Sage is getting so big. It's really hard to think we only have 10 weeks left. I absolutely love having her with me everywhere I go. I love keeping her safe and sound where she can't fall down and scrape a knee and no one can hurt her feelings. I like knowing she has everything she needs to be healthy and that I can play with her any time she's awake. Dustin, however is getting anxious for his turn. I know he's missed out on a lot, from kicks to the daily hiccups. As much as I love this little girl and having her with me all the time, I'm anxious for her to meet her Daddy! I know he's ready to meet her too!

No comments: