Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sharing Her Name:

Sage Elise
We decided to announce our Baby Girl's name! We decided a few weeks ago to call her Sage Elise Boyd. Sage means "wise" and Elise is my mother's middle name.
Her Daddy named her. It was challenging coming up with a little girl's name, especially after I had convinced myself we were having a boy! We wanted something simple so everyone could pronounce it (think about school in the future and those poor teachers with all the tongue-twister names!) and we wanted everyone to spell it correctly. I wanted it to be short because as a married female with a longer first name, I've felt so lucky to have such a short last name. I didn't want to name her something very long and her end up with a complicated long name in the future! Dustin and I had quite a few ideas, but none of them really stuck. When Dustin suggested Sage Elise and started calling her that, we knew that was her name! It was SO sweet!
Dustin wanted to keep her name a secret until she was born, but Aunt LaJuan (Sage's Aunt Lovie) said she needed to know. Well, you just don't tell Aunt Lovie no! So, after a little convincing, he let us announce her name to Dustin's family while we were in Waco and then tell my Mom and Dad when we got home on Sunday. Both of our Sister-In-Laws and my little sister really seemed excited about it and that was really special. We hope she will always love it!

1 comment:

Jessica Stevenson said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your name choice. Simple, beautiful, elegant, and with familial meaning. How could Sage Elise not love her name!