
Today has been such a great day! I haven't been sick since Thursday and woke up feeling fine this morning. Yea!!! I went to the baby doctor today for my 16 week check-up and my Quad-Screen blood tests. I've grown quite a bit in inches from belly button down, but lost another 3 lbs. So, I'm on strict orders to gain 4 lbs by the end of the month. (I found a big watermelon and a pineapple in Lufkin today, so I think I'll be OK!) My Nana went with me today, so I asked the nurse if we could listen to the heartbeat again. 4 weeks ago Dustin and I were delighted over the little swish-swishes we heard. Well, this time the baby was hanging around just under my belly button and when the nurse found the heartbeat, I about jumped out of my skin! I swear there was a horse galloping in there! It was so loud and clear and STRONG! I think we have a little athlete growing in there! My Nana was SO excited. Even the nurse said it was a strong little one in there!
Well, it gets better. Tonight I was laying on the bed checking my email with my hand on my rapidly growing tummy and the baby kicked!!! It was amazing! It was definitely a kick. I wasn't sure I would know what it was when I finally felt it, but there is no doubt about the kick. I jumped up and ran to tell Dustin. I put his hand on there, but he couldn't feel the popcorn popping. (That's what I usually feel when the baby's moving. Like jiffy pop in there!) I couldn't talk the baby into kicking again, but I'm sure Dustin will feel it soon enough.
Between the strong heartbeat and the kick-boxing tonight, I think we may have a soccer player before you know it. I'm off to await more kicks...



No comments:
Post a Comment