Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Minor Setback

Well, God's doing a great job of teaching me patience and flexibility! I was running some fever last night and felt a little under the weather. I've had a stuffy nose and sore throat, but haven't thought much of it. This morning I woke up and my right eye was completely swollen shut and hurt really bad. Mom drove me to the eye doctor and they told me I have been fighting a mild infection (like a cold) which somehow managed to move up into my eyes and cause blisters on both corneas. Apparently your immune system is really suppressed during pregnancy and a common cold can do some weird things. The right eye is just much worse than the left. SO, I'm in my glasses for 10 days and have to put these drops in my eye that I can't let go into my tear duct because it might get into my bloodstream and the baby would get it. My baby doctor approved it, but still, craziness!
The worst part is my vision is impaired so I can't drive! I just got back to driving at the end of last week since my back issues for the last month. SO, my mom has been driving me around in my new car. Fun for her! I am extremely sensitive to sunlight, so I have to wear these little plastic shades under my glasses and I look like a big goober!!! Dustin's entertained though!
Hopefully I will be all done being sick, etc soon. My goal is to make it one full week without having to see a doctor of any kind before the baby gets here!!! Even better, I'm hoping since mom's had so many challenges, baby will be perfectly healthy and our first year will breeze by with no problems at all!

No comments: