Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Best Christmas Gift Ever!

Christmas Day:



What an amazing Christmas Gift! We're finally pregnant! After 5 months of praying for a little one, we received a big yes on Christmas Eve! Honestly, we gave up in November because it was just so disappointing to get a no every month. (And we passed the summer window I was hoping for due to my job.) Apparently, no pressure and an early December vacation was all we needed! Now we're parents-to-be!



I tested at home Christmas Eve and had a very strong positive. I kept thinking, No way! Well, there was no cute way to tell my husband, (Like get him a World's Best Dad mug for Christmas) because everything is closed! Poor thing got the test all wrapped up for Christmas. Nothing like pee on a stick for Christmas! When he opened it, he said, "Is this for real!?!" He grinned for like 15 minutes straight! It was an amazing moment!



I got suspicious when my cycle symptoms were a little late and I was visiting the restroom every hour or so. NOT the norm! Now we know why! Right now I'm eating everything in sight and drinking a ton of water. Who knew?



We're sitting tight right now on our little secret and I'll be calling the doctor in the morning! We're going to wait to tell family until we've been to the doctor and are sure everything is as it should be. My sister-in-law is 13 weeks pregnant and we want to keep her in the limelight for as long as possible. My mom's going to freak when she has two grandkids 8 weeks apart! How fun to have cousins so close in age!



Everything hasn't really sunken in yet. I think we're still in shock. If it wasn't for the sparkle in my husband's eye each time he's looked at me today, I'm not sure if I'd believe it all happened yesterday!God's timing is perfect! Late August or early September we'll have a little one! This will definitely go down as the best Christmas Gift I've ever received!

No comments: