Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

23 weeks along!

I had a great check-up today! It's been 5 weeks since our ultrasound, so it was time for another monthly visit to the OB. My wondeful mom loaded up with Sage and I for the 2 hour trip to Nacogdoches.

The appointment began with the usual scale ande nearly fallling off of it when my weight was revealed! I've gained quite a bit in only 5 weeks. While I'm still a bit under average for 23 weeks, the doctor was very very pleased. The final relief from morning sickness and some serious holiday eating has definitely helped get me back on track.

Baby Solomon is getting big and strong. He immediately kicked the doppler away, but then turned around to reveal a very strong and healthy heartrate of 160 bpm. Both the nurse and the doctor said "You're definitely growing!" which kind of left me thinking, OK, how big am I? LOL! They both think he's a bigger baby, especially in comparison to my dainty little Sage! It's so nice to be confident that I'm growing a healthy baby boy in there!

After talking with the doctor today, I'm even more glad to have him helping me make difficult decisions regarding a repeat C-Section. He is going to let me go a full 40 weeks (granted everything looks safe, etc.) which I'm thrilled about! He will not take healthy babies before 39 weeks, but says most women are begging to be done by then. I want to roast this turkey as long as safely possible! I left the appointment feeling so confident and am starting to get excited to meet my son in only 16 weeks!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Sage's and Solomon's Memaw said...

So good to read some yummy new info on your blog!!!! You don't sound excited at all about having Baby Solomon-you KNOW I am joking! Excitement of a second child is written all over you! I know Solomon will be a precious as our Sage. She will be a great Big Sister to her little brother. Fun years ahead for your family.