This Sunday we celebrated an incredible moment in Sage's life. She was baptised and presented to the church as a child of God. I cannot express how incredible the ceremony was for me. It was so very special to witness. I may not have been awake to witness her birth into this world, but to stand at the altar of our church and present her as God's child was the most amazing moment in my life. God gave up His only Son so that my daughter may have eternal life. His sacrifice has never meant more to me than it did the moment I watched the water touch her head. I feel such an awesome responsibility to raise her in Christian love, not only as a parent, but as a member of His Kingdom. I cannot be more humbled by or grateful for this assignment!
Sage performed beautifully! She was great during the first part of service. Then, just in time for the baptism, she began to cry a little bit. By the time I handed her to Pastor Tommy, she was wailing! I couldn't help but laugh because she was sharing her little temper with the whole congregation. As soon as the baptismal waters touched her head, she got quiet. It's as if she knew she was experiencing something holy! Our pastor's wife, Bethany, said she was crying because she was trying to tell us, "Hurry up and Baptise Me!" I thought that was SO cute! She was then presented to the church and just looked around at everyone, as content as could be. Her response was truly memorable. She was definitely an active participant.
We celebrated this amazing day with our incredible congregation. Family drove in from all over to share in our joy. We all went to lunch afterwards and then had a great visit at our home. The entire day was so very special.

There hasn't been a moment that I haven't considered Sage a gift from God. From the moment she was conceived to the moment I kiss her goodnight each evening, I am so humbled at His creation. I am so blessed by the life of Baby Sage.


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment