Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Three Weeks Old

See how big my baby girl is getting?!?! She's Three Weeks Old today! Our tiny newborn isn't so tiny anymore. She's finally big enough to fit into the Newborn size sleepers that swallowed her at birth. Everything else is still huge on our little girl, but not for long!

She's growing and changing so much. She has recently discovered she can "talk" to the bears that hang from the canopy over her bassinet and has conversations with them before and after her naps. She smiles and coos and turns her head towards voices, especially when she's looking for her Daddy!

This has been an interesting week as we've dealt with some colic and been displaced from our home due to power outages from Hurricane Ike. We believe the colic is due to over-stimulation and a lactose intolerance/milk allergy and have been proactive in preventing both with very positive results so far. These things will be much easier to counter-act once we return home and get back into a routine. We have been so grateful to stay at my parent's house with a washing machine and hot showers, not to mention the air conditioning!

There hasn't been a moment in these last three weeks that I have absolutely cherished. I love being Mom to Baby Sage and can't imagine feeling more blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, beautiful baby girl! Amanda, Sage is just beautiful. You are dressing her so sweetly. I can hardly wait to see her again. I HOPE it is very, very soon. I love your blog-Sage will love reading it one day, too.
Love to all, Becky/Sage's Memaw