Our Blessings

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Weekend in Waco

We utitlized our time in the "Big City" to go to a few stores and update our registries at Babys R Us and Target. Dustin was on a definite mission to find a crib! It's hilarious to watch him start this "nesting" phase. I'm SO grateful because I was starting to get nervous that he wouldn't realize we were having a baby until after she arrived! We found a beautiful crib that had all the features I wanted at Burlington Coat Factory (of all places!) The rail slides down in the front, so I can lean over and change sheets, etc. which helps since I'm taller. The crib can transition to a toddler bed and eventually creates a full size bed, so it can grow right along with her. It has a cherry finish and meets all the best safety requirements, so it was a perfect fit!
The matching changing table is great and really tall, so I don't even have to stoop to pick up the baby after changing her! They didn't have it in stock, but Nanny ordered it for us and we should be able to pick it up the next time we're in Waco. I can't tell you how exciting it is to actually have somewhere to put her when she gets here! Now all we have left to find is a suitable dresser to hold all the cute baby girl clothes I keep eyeing! I have a huge peace of mind knowing that we're beginning to piece together the nursery and will be closer to being ready for her arrival!

No comments: